What is precision machining for medical tubing?
Utilizing both CNC (computer numerical control) grinding and lathe-turning methodologies, Putnam Plastics has the capability to machine custom profiles into the outer surfaces of extruded tubing.
What are the various options or capabilities of precision machining?
- Partial removal or ablation of an outside layer
- Etching of discrete sections over the length of a extrusion
- Laser machining of words, numbers, company names or logos
- Drilling, turning or ablating of different shapes (ovals, rectangles, squares etc.)
- Custom hole punching, including intricate designs
What are the advantages of precision machined medical plastics?
- With CNC machining, your medical device tubing can be manufactured quickly, have an increased cost savings, and maintain high repeatability with continual quality and process monitoring.
- Validation activities are made much easier without the human variability factor.
Which catheter materials can be precision machined?
Most all thermoplastic and thermoset materials can be machined.
What ISO certifications does Putnam have?
Putnam’s leading-edge medical manufacturing facility is ISO 13485:2016 certified.
Why is Putnam the best choice for precision-machined medical catheters?
Putnam Plastics has invested in multiple technologies which allow us to use the proper equipment to best meet your medical device needs.
For decades, our global clients have been looking to us for innovative solutions to their high-tech tubing challenges. How can we put our engineering and manufacturing expertise to work for you?